New Canard on the Block

Author Topic: New Canard on the Block  (Read 2980 times)

Offline murray44

• View Profile
New Canard on the Block
« on: December 27, 2014, 10:04:58 AM »
Whilst I enjoy my Long EZ (and just fitting an electric nose-wheel), it really needs a reasonably long hard strip. We have a shortage of them here. Now being built to the north-west of Cambridge, England, is a new canard, single-seat, that will operate off 300 yards. It's called an E-Go. Have a look at www.e-goaeroplanes.com. It doesn't have the legs of the Long EZ, and it can't carry talking ballast, but will be fun to fly. It is factory built, all carbon fibre with a Wankel-style rotary engine, and for those of us with limited spare time and skill, it is a exciting opportunity. The test aircraft has displayed to an enthusiastic audience. I'm sure it will make it to the US in due course.

Murray44
Cambridge,
England

Offline flyingwaldo

• View Profile
Re: New Canard on the Block
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 10:35:38 PM »
Funny name.  Over here any E-plane is assumed to be electric!
Good luck with it.  Do you know Bill, man of many canards?

Offline easyrider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 11:19:39 AM »
I visited the E Go factory in 2011 and it appeared to be a a serious and well set up operation.
It could be an opportunity for retiring Canard flying pilots to continue flying the E Go as an LSA
Easyrider

Offline murray44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 05:15:02 PM »
Good point re the name. The University of Cambridge already has an experimental rig with batteries and propeller. The installation features in one of the early E-go bulletins. Unfortunately, the Single Seat Deregulated (SSDR) rules give a max AUW of 300kg so it will probably have to wait for development  in the 'Permit to Fly' category, where the AUW wouldn't be a problem, but the team are progressive, so watch this space.

Would like to get in contact with any experts in the UK, as I have the equipment to retrofit an electric airbrake to my LongEZ and would appreciate some advice.

Murray44