To Vari Eze or Not, that is the question.

Author Topic: To Vari Eze or Not, that is the question.  (Read 30617 times)

ANOTHER NEGuest

An alternative idea...
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2005, 10:57:30 AM »
NEGuest...

Here's another idea:

Why not find another pilot and share the cost of an airplane? That way you get more airplane for your money, shared expenses, etc.

The downside is that you can't fly anytime you like.

I might be in the market for a used LongEZ sometime in the next few years and this is one way I'd be willing to go.

I'm in Bridgeport, CT, just a few miles from KBDR.

Where are you?

NEGuest

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2005, 10:27:03 AM »
Another NEGuest...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm in a partnership right now with a spam can and the partnership is a major reason I've decided to go solo with my next plane. For me, it is better to own less plane solo than more plane with partners.

I've been in the partnership for over 8 years and depending on who the  partners are and their current moods, I've had years of excellent, cheap flying and comradeship and also periods of despair. Amazing how a short periods of despair can erase years of fun. Time on the plane was never an issue. Differing and personality oriented interpretations of how a "partial owner" should behave have caused issues.

At any rate, if you can find a long term, like-minded partner then go for it. A plane is an excellent resource to share time and expenses on and probably will be in better continual flying shape as a result of the more frequent flying.

Offline Waiter

• View Profile
    • http://www.iflyez.com
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2005, 10:50:15 AM »
I've owned several planes in partnerships. I think the key to a good partnership, is a good agreement IN WRITING.  This is probably even more important if close friends are involved.

Although my EZ is not in a partnership (I'm to closely attached to it, as I built it).  I would certianly consider a partnership if I were planning on purchasing one.  A good written agreement would decide ahead of time, responsibilities, use, whose turn it is, etc.

I've only had one occation were I wanted to fly, and the plane wasn't available (wasn't my week anyway). And only one incident were we had to break out the written agreement, to determine if the partnership was responsible for the cost of retrieving a stranded airplane. (The Agreement said the plane was to be maintained as VFR. The Stranding was related to a VOR that didn't meet IFR specification, The person who stranded the plane was responsible to retrieve it.)

Verbal agreements are as good as the paper they're written on! I'll see if I can find a copy of the agreement and post it on my web site (www.iflyez.com) :)

Waiter
LongEZ-RG   >>    N961EZ
O-320 160hp  >>    MT Constant Speed Prop
F-16 Performance, On a Piper Cub Budget
www.iflyez.com

Anonymous

PArtnership Agreement
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2005, 12:00:43 PM »
I put a sample partnership agreement up on my web site.  This is basically the agreement adopted in every partnership I've been in.  Its workable and fair.

www.iflyez.com

Waiter