Women Sellers

Author Topic: Women Sellers  (Read 6437 times)

Anonymous

Women Sellers
« on: September 22, 2007, 12:48:02 AM »
Im not attacking anyone specifically, I'm just voicing my frustrations brought about by attempts at purchasing Canard projects...........Don't be a women when you are selling stuff. If somebody offers a less than asking price, deal with it. Its part of sales..Negotiating... I've never dealt with more wankers than when trying to purchase Long EZ projects over any other sellers.  I did get one, once, with a Lancair seller....I dont think offering $1,000 less than asking for a project is enough to get your panties in a wrinkle....I've had plenty of lowball offers in my selling adventures and I've never reacted to buyers the way some of these douche bags do.

Offline Drew

• View Profile
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~swensonaw/
Women Sellers
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:05:27 AM »
I agree.  Business is business.  The tact I took when I sold my Longez was that I was willing to wait a long time for my price---because I could (and I had a hard time parting with it)----and advertised it as a firm price only.  In this case----come see what you think of the airplane--but don't offer me less money since I am not yet ready to accept less money.  In this case, if you thought you were going to offer me less money from the get go---you just wasted both of our times.

In my case, I had a waiting list of people ready to pay the asking price.

On the other hand, if you don't advertise a firm price and someone offers you lower, you have 3 choices:  decline (mtg over), counteroffer, or accept.  I suspect what you were hearing is the owner more or less in the counteroffer stage----but you were probably subjected to his internal monologue------did I just say that outloud?
Drew Swenson
Cozy N171ML

LNC2

Women Sellers
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 12:11:54 AM »
I was just expressing my frustrations of my past dealings with buying and selling projects. My usual practice when I find a project I want to buy has been to offer about 10% less than asking.  I never expect the seller to take the offer and If they do good and if they want asking price or dont like my offer fine, like you said Drew, Counter offer or decline.  Too many times have sellers just flat out chosen to ignore me after they get pissed of the first offer. Then they sell the project to somebody else even after I've offered full price. They just do it out of spite.  Thats been my experience more than once. I had a project listed for sale once at $14,000.  Got offered $10,000. All i did was kindly declined and said I was going to wait for a higher offer. The buyer came back with full price offer and Deal was done....Anyway....back to micro filling and sanding.

A.Moore

Re: Women Sellers
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:53:46 AM »
this is actually great negotiating advice for me. not going into details but this is very applicable.

Offline Flynhitim

• View Profile
Re: Women Sellers
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
Here's my two cents, if your trying to buy something and your thin skinned kept the phone docked in it's holder, there is no sexual bias needed in your comment. Which tells me your most likely the wennie in this matter, I've bought and sold thousands of aircraft. Sometimes you pay what you want and somethimes youpay more than you want, get over it and hiding your name tells me something else about you! Tim