Denver Area EZ's

Author Topic: Denver Area EZ's  (Read 1996 times)

Offline tfashemp

• View Profile
Denver Area EZ's
« on: September 29, 2016, 06:29:34 PM »
Hello all,

I am looking at purchasing my first aircraft in the next year or so. I am a 160 hour private pilot who would like an aircraft that is good for cross countries to build time and visit family in Kansas. A Vari/Long-EZ seem like a good choice from what I've heard. I was hoping to find someone in the Denver area to take a flight with (I have gas money) to see what the EZ's are all about. I am curious about the visibility from the rear seat. It looks like the passenger will be looking directly at the back of the pilot's head; can you guys/gals shed some light as to the visibility the passenger has in these aircraft. Anyone in the Denver area willing to take me up?

Thanks,
Tyler

P.S. - I have already searched the forums for local EZ pilots and all of their numbers are no longer in service.

Offline flyingwaldo

• View Profile
Re: Denver Area EZ's
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 09:46:31 AM »
http://www.freeflightcomposites.com/burrall-sanders/

If you don't find someone closer this is your local guru:

Offline dorr

• View Profile
    • http://www.canardfinder.com
Re: Denver Area EZ's
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 11:05:06 PM »
I can help with locals with EZs - just e-mail me at David at CanardFinder dot net.

Meanwhile, in flight the back of the pilot's head is a minor issue in an EZ - about 2 degrees in a field of about 250 degrees. 

On landing, however, the nose comes up considerably and you can't see down to the runway when on final from the back seat - you can see the environment at all times, but not the runway...

If you are thinking about an instructor moving to the back seat - many of them do.  But only after some time with you in the back seat for them to gather confidence in your readiness for the front seat.  I have a list of instructors too.

David Orr
3550 hours in Canards
David A.C.Orr
"Beagle"
www.canardfinder.com