some Varieze questions - looking for info and suggestions

Author Topic: some Varieze questions - looking for info and suggestions  (Read 34393 times)

Offline flyoz

• View Profile
Re: some Varieze questions - looking for info and suggestions
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 01:06:59 AM »
From the Varieze manual the winglet trailing edge  "cant "angle is 90 Deg to the upper wing surface - i assume if you remove the anhederal that "cant " angle remains 90 deg ?
The lower winglet section template has a line on it - is that set parallel to the fuselage centerline ? I know there is a template for setting that .
I dont have Page A8 as called for in the manual and that has all the winglet templates - anyone have a copy of that page ?
Flyoz

Offline Bill James

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 05:40:35 PM »
Are you talking to me...??!!”

Sorry, I am just remembering when we were holding around Green Lake at Osh, on the entry where you don’t talk and just listen,  with a pilot shouting out "Are you talking to me...??!!” every time the controller cleared someone in past Fisk   :)
If you are not talking to me, and if not I will gladly relinquish the controls to someone else with a VairEze with no anhedral... You know it would have been nice if someone would have mentioned to me there was supposed to be anhedral in there…      :)  :)
Anyway, my wings and winglet attachment are pure stock    :)  :)  :)
Bill James, Fort Worth VariEze N95BJ
Downdraft Plenums, QuickCowls
There was supposed to be anhedral?
ATP, Society of Flight Test Engineers

Offline flyoz

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 06:43:53 PM »
Sorry Bill
The question was two fold i suppose
Thanks - so your winglets are built as the manual 90 Deg to the upper surface of the wing and used all the standard templates on Page A8
My following question is to yourself and anyone else - does anyone have a copy  of page A8 and those templates even if they are not to scale ?
Flyoz