VariEze on Ebay # 4599234526

Author Topic: VariEze on Ebay # 4599234526  (Read 32649 times)

Offline kr02g

• View Profile
V-EZ On Ebay Again
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2006, 03:01:26 PM »
What a crock!  If you read the description of this plane, it is a stellar aircraft.  A. I have never seen it at Kanab, B. that is not the maintenance and history info I got from the Seller when inquiring. C. I didn't see anything about the repairs or delams the seller told me about.  Beware unless you see it first hand for yourself.

Steve

Offline Maugli

• View Profile
V-EZ On Ebay Again
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2006, 11:02:32 AM »
Hi guys.
Being an EZ PILOT WANABE i monitor your posts from a sidelines.
But this one is interesting.
 1st - The plane in Quastion is on E-Bay again
 2nd- the description is more colorful then the last time and again is not done by the owner( or a pilot of the airplane ).

Frank P. maybe youre jumping a gun a bit with credability thing?
Call me a softy.... but it seems like the gentleman who was flying this bird may not be in control.  I just read his comment and i dont think he is flying this one again... or maybe he can't. The charechter just does nto fit the writing.
But it still does not change anything from the buyers point of view.

P.S. Frank P. If it wasn't for a 10 min video clip on GlassOvercast ... i would not be here looking :-)  ( still gives me an HD when i watch it)

Offline Hitch

• View Profile
VariEze on Ebay # 4599234526
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2006, 07:36:07 PM »
EZ Drivers/Wannabes--

I wrote the seller last night because I took offense to the implication that an Air Force Academy Cadet was being shady or lacking integrity (I'm a 2002 Academy grad).  The owner of the plane is an Academy Cadet, and his plane was being sold by a family friend.  The Cadet (Derek) didn't know this was going on, and felt awful when he found out.  He has pulled the Ebay ad, and will probably relist the aircraft.  I've encouraged him to list the airplane on this site, where the feedback he can get from the collective knowledge in this forum can benefit him rather than be devisive to the community.  In addition, listing his aircraft for sale on this site will hopefully limit potential buyers to those who understand the limits of canards--they are not training airplanes.  It will also ensure that potential buyers are at least aware of the great resource available at ez.org--experienced individuals who give their time to help fellow canardians.  Whether the plane is a perfect flying specimen or a dump of a project plane doesn't matter:  one way or another the prospective buyer is going to need the help and support of this community to get/keep his new bird flying safely.

Thanks again, Frank, for keeping a watchful eye on the VariEze community and being aggressively blunt to keep us all safe.

Brandon "Hitch" Roberts
F-15 as a day job, N500EZ for fun :)
Brandon Roberts
N500EZ
Langley AFB, VA

Offline walter

• View Profile
    • http://www.thewalkerhome.us/Justin's%20Website/index.html
barnstormers?
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2006, 08:52:59 PM »
Is this the same plane on barnstormers.com for $16K?

Offline Maugli

• View Profile
Re: barnstormers?
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2006, 08:56:28 PM »
Quote from: "walter"
Is this the same plane on barnstormers.com for $16K?

and i think this is the same plane that is here in classifieds on page three i think.

Look close in to a picture posted... does that look like another canard project in the hangar?