Need somebody near Denver CO with a Long EZ or Cozy3

Author Topic: Need somebody near Denver CO with a Long EZ or Cozy3  (Read 3775 times)

Offline sfranseen

• View Profile
Need somebody near Denver CO with a Long EZ or Cozy3
« on: February 16, 2011, 11:22:37 AM »
Hello there,
I live in Denver and need to see if a Long or Cozy3 will fit in a hanger my father recently purchased at Erie Municipal.

My father and I are experienced EZ people.  He built VE 86EZ. (Might be worth Googling if you havnen't seen the web page.)  Several years ago he sold the Varieze despite my advisement not to.  Since then we have had a Glasair, and a RV6, and both were great AC but both were a little more "ho-humm" than the Varieze was.  (told ya Dad!)  Unfortunately, our latest aircraft (the RV6) was lost while being piolted by a co-owner, so we have been without an aircraft for about four years now.  We both are getting the bug again.   

We recently purchased a small port-a-port at Erie (KEIK) when we were in efforts to buy back VE 86EZ from it's current owner.   The negotiations fell through however, and we are now considering the purchase of another canard aircraft.   The hanger is pretty small even for a port-a-port, but the anhedral of a VE would likely have allowed for a snug fit.  Currently I am dreaming of a Cozy3 and my dad is dreaming of a Long Ez.  Either plane would have to be parked on it's nose gear (with some ballast) to have a chance at getting the winglets inside the hanger.  I either need some measurements (have been suprisingly hard to find) of winglet height with gear down, or someone who is in the area and would mind droping by this weekend

If there is anyone in the area that wouldnt mind helping us out, we would really apreciate it.  We will even throw in lunch and some good stories. 

Thanks,
Steve Franseen
720 296 1548
Steve@sssproductions.net

Offline A. Bruce Hughes

• View Profile
Re: Need somebody near Denver CO with a Long EZ or Cozy3
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 12:36:06 PM »
Hi Steve

Mike Stolle (970-858-9740) is the CSA State Representative; you could
call him; he should know everyone who has a flying airplane.   He had a Longeze
but I believe he sold it.

Mark Davis (303-441-2912) has a Longeze in Boulder and
Ion Huss (303-440-3579) has a Longeze in Boulder.

Maurice Eastburn (303-692-9626) has a Varieze in Denver.

Terry Hart (unlisted phone) has a Cozy in Erie.

Burrall Sanders is at Meadowlake airport in Falcon; he always has a few airplanes around.

There are about 12 flying canards in Colorado so you should have no trouble.
If you join the CSA you will have a directory of all of them.

Bruce Hughes   :)

Offline sfranseen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
Thank you very much,

This is a great forum.   

Best

Steve

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:52:17 PM »
Everyone can also see more of  86ez here http://v2.ez.org/feature/F0412-1/fran.htm.

Good luck with the hanger.