Want a ride in a Long EZ

Author Topic: Want a ride in a Long EZ  (Read 4154 times)

Offline nberniker

• View Profile
Want a ride in a Long EZ
« on: January 31, 2013, 12:50:34 AM »
Hello,

I am looking to get a ride in a Long EZ. I am a commercial instrument rated pilot with about 1,500 hours. Would be happy to reimburse you for your time / fuel burn. Tired of putting around in 172's. I am located in the Long Beach area but can travel to SMO, VNY, TOA, WHP, CMA, OXR, etc. Also would be interested in partnering on a completed airplane. Feel free to contact me at controller_elt@yahoo.com or 310-384-8088. My name is Neal.

Offline flyingwaldo

• View Profile
Re: Want a ride in a Long EZ
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »
You might post your request here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Socal-Ez-Squadron-III/479615492100553

They are going up to the Rocket Cafe in Bakersfield Saturday - may be some empty seats.

Offline nberniker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 04:57:25 PM »
Thanks for the tip.

Offline BruceHughes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:55:36 PM »
Hi

I don't know your name.   Anyway a good way to do what you want is to join/subscribe to the CSA newsletter.  $30
annually.  For that you get 4 newsletters (starting with the Jan. issue) and a directory.   The directory tells you a lot.
Generally there is a phone number and an email address.  Sometimes just one.   There is a description (# of hours
flown is what you need so you know it is not a half finished project).   The Cozy, Eracer, Velocity people are better to
contact as you can see what they see on takeoffs and landings.  I don't know a lot of city names in CA so I cannot
give you specific people's names, except you should contact David Orr at canardfinder@att.net.    He has a monthly
email newsletter and knows a LOT of canard pilots.   He also knows of many (most?  all?) of the canards that are flying
and available for you to buy.   I found that it is much cheaper to buy than to build (I wish someone had told me that). 
For more iofo on CSA see the home page of this website.

Bruce Hughes   :)

Offline nberniker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 12:46:11 AM »
Bruce,

Thanks much for the advice. I was able to get in touch with Mr. Orr. Looking forward to getting involved with the Long EZ crowd.

BTW my name is Neal

Offline BruceHughes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 01:04:39 PM »
Hi Neal

OK   I am glad I could help.   You still need to get the CSA Directory and the Jan. issue of the newsletter.
There are a LOT of guys in S. CA but you need to find them; the direcotry will help.   It also will help if
you are flying somewhere and have a part failure.   There are a few guys who are identified in the directory
and who will pick you up to take you home or to take you with parts back to the airplane.

I assume that David put you on the Squadron III email list.

Bruce  :)

Offline nberniker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »
Hey Bruce,

Actually I got a call from Kerry who got me on the Squadron III site. Orr's plane is down until Wednesday because he is getting an annual. Hopefully I can fly with him next weekend. What does CSA stand for? I would like to join that site too.

Thanks,

Neal

Offline BruceHughes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 11:58:45 AM »
Hi Neal

The CSA is "Central States Association".   The guys who originally set up the CSA could have chosen a better name;
I don't know how they could have chosen a worse name.   Should be "Canard Saps Allied", or "Construction Silliness
and Agony".   Anyway the home page for this website - www.EZ.ORG has complete information.    CSA essentially is
Terry Schubert and the members (693 less anyone who died plus any new members).   You pay your $30 to Terry and
get 4 newsletters and the directory.    I started sending him $30 when the price was $25.   Well worth it.

BTW Terry has back issues; you might want some of those.

Bruce Hughes   :)

Offline nberniker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »
Bruce,

Thanks for the info. David Orr saw my post and gave me the same information. I have sent Terry an email asking him for details.

Neal

Offline dorr

• View Profile
    • http://www.canardfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 07:33:52 PM »
Flew him 9th - he's got the local's list  - Los Angeles, busy and about 20 airports around.

Beagle
David A.C.Orr
"Beagle"
www.canardfinder.com